Contraindications to using the audio-visual brainLight-System
The brainLight-System technology has been developed for purposes of relaxation, animation, mental training and for the stimulation of cognitive skills. Numerous studies and user statements affirm the positive effects, both short and long-term.
However, we wish to disclaim any suggestion that the brainLight-Systems can replace necessary medical intervention of any kind. With the exceptions listed below, the use of brainLight-Systems is risk-free and safe. There is no risk of any kind, for the effect is the stimulation of frequencies naturally occurring in the brain. If you are unsure whether the brainLight-Systems are appropriate for you, please consult your physician.
The following are situations in which you should not use the brainLight audio-visual systems:
- when you are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, including medication affecting your consciousness
- if you are prone to seizures, have brain damage or have had brain surgery
- if you are feeling very ill
- if you have a very high temperature
- only after discussion with your psychologist and/or psychiatrist if you are undergoing psychological and/or psychiatric therapy.
These are situations in which you should not use the visualization glasses as part of the audio-visual brainLight systems:
- if you suffer from epilepsy or similar fits
- if you are oversensitive to light
- iif you have a cardiac pacemaker
- if you are pregnant (this is simply as a precaution).
The acoustic signals received through your headphones will enable the brainLight systems to take effect without your using the visualization glasses.
These are the situations in which you should not use the massage function of the brainLight Massage Chairs:
- if you are pregnant
- if you have acute, severe back pain
- if you have osteoporosis
- if you suffer from thrombosis or other vein problems
- if you weigh more than 120 kg/265 lbs/19 st.
- if your physician has advised you not to have massages.
If any of these apply to you, avoid programs that include massage. In these programs, the chair will recline into the relaxation position for the entire session but will not give a massage. The program panels all contain symbols indicating the components of the particular program (massage, light, voice guidance).